Securely log in to check obstacle penetrations around your airfield instantly
CAP232 Civil Aviation surveys:
- Measured heights
- Obstacle identification
- Navigation aids reporting
- OLS surface generation
- Penetration reports
- PAPI surveys and calibration
- Google Earth based GIS reporting
EASA aerodrome design:
- European aerodrome specification analysis
- Regulatory EASA transition reporting
Wider regulatory compliance:
- WGS84 geodetic survey positioning
- ICAO Annex 14 & 15 compliance reporting
UAV Pavement Inspection
Paul Fassam Geomatics Ltd has been pioneering drone technology around airfields for some time now. UAV pavement inspections are our latest offering which promise to revolutionize this historically slow practice.
Using either a multi-rotor or fixed wing aircraft, a low-level grid is flown over the hardened areas. High-resolution photography captures the surface to a resolution in excess of 3mm. These photos are then rectified to produce a flat 1:1 image of the entire survey area. The image allows pavement inspectors to safely measure and mark features in the safety of their office.
Overal this method greatly improves the deliverable whilst also saving time on site. The UAV can operate safely between flights under the control of ATC.
PAS128 Underground Services Survey
We provide a full suite of services to provide greater confidence to clients in underground utility detection, maintenance, and replacement.
- Electronic detection of buried services
- Ground penetrating radar
- Remote visual surveys
- Inspection chamber records
- Interpretation of historical data
PAS 128 provides a robust methodology for delivering utility surveys in the UK. It focuses on levels of accuracy – referred to as Survey Category Types – that you can specify when requiring a PAS 128 compliant underground utility survey.
There are four Survey Category Types ranging from D – A:
PAS 128 Survey Category Type D
Underground utility plotted from utility record data only (not detected by geophysical methods).
PAS 128 Survey Category Type C
Underground utility plotted from utility record data only, but with site reconnaissance to match utility record with physical utility street furniture as a best fit.
PAS 128 Survey Category Type B
Utility detected by geophysical methods (single or multiple) to obtain a horizontal position and/or vertical position. (Depth) For the positional accuracy of each QL-B sub category please refer to the Accuracy Diagram.
PAS 128 Survey Category Type A
Utility verified and positioned by physical identification. This may be by strategically positioned vacuum excavation, hand dug trail pitting or by visual inspection within a utility chamber.
- Web based client request form
- OLS penetration calculation
- Graphical reporting
- 3D bridge & structures surveyed using non-contact robotic or laser scanning
- Wide area terrestrial photogrammetric UAV surveys
- Rectified photographic elevation surveys
- A variety of deliverable products
Aerodrome compliance surveys to MADS, ICAO & Civil Aviation Authority design specification.
Runway and taxiway:
- Vertical alignment reporting
- Slope gradient analysis
- Runway/Taxiway classification
- Topographic survey
- Aerodrome signage identification
- Air side limit checks
- Obstacle check and reports
- Air side furniture cataloging
- Paint patterns
- Type of marking
- Taxiway & apron classification
- Quality & conformity checks
- Data rich GIS deliverable
- Tabular reporting
- Geo-located photo references
- Pass/fail analysis
- Compliance advice
- Pavement surveys
- Bay patterns
- Rehabilitation surveys
- Airfield lighting
- Ground penetrating radar, cable tracing & visual utility surveys
- Underground service plans
- Inspection chamber records
- Design compliance checks
- Engineering survey control establishment
UAV PAPI Siting
- Runway, threshold & location surveying
- Mean eye height over threshold harmonisation
- Runway point of intercept calculation
- UAV visual checks and photo reporting